Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Tuesday, July 10

Summary.

So I guess we have some catching up to do. My family has officially moved to California. I have officially found my favorite human being on Earth. It is officially obscenely hot in the EL. Most people are officially just as narrow-minded and stupid as the majority of their narrow-minded and stupid ancestors. Everything is official.

Along with all of those things, I have officially made my first friend at this rather mediocre MAGIC program. Rather than maximizing our academic growth, as promised, MAGIC has proven to not only maximize the amount of boredom I thought I could withstand in a matter of a few days; but it has also introduced me to various blubbering idiots who I am ashamed to be going to the same college as, let alone being in the same room with. But it has also taught me a very important lesson: no matter where one goes, no matter what happens, people will be people. There will be stupid people, smart people, annoying people, people who wear their clothes three sizes too tight, people who will insist on asking you what your AP scores were, people who are convinced that everyone cares about their life stories, etc, etc. I'm not saying that I'm better than any of those people, or not any of those types of people. Because that's so far from the truth.

I'm one of those girls. You know. One of those girls who will sit next to you with that elitist gleam in her eyes, answering your questions with a slightly sarcastic tone but a very serious look on her face, confusing the hell out of you and all of your good-intentions. One of those girls who claims to be extraordinarily open-minded and nice, while judging everyone in the room with one quick glance. One of those girls who looks extremely pissed off one second, only to burst out laughing at a rather lame joke someone made in the next. One of those girls. How exhausting. How unbelievably exhausting.

Speaking of which, I think it's nap time.

No comments: