Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Saturday, September 22

Lost.

I talked to my family via a terrible webcam on their end. I don't know what to say. I was upset that they bought the webcam from Wal-Mart. Without me to keep them in check, my parents are going globalized corporation kuh-razy.

But seeing all of them crowded around the screen was the saddest thing I have done in a long time. They looked so strange and foreign. I felt out of place. They were having a family night, watching a Hindi film, and I was interrupting. When did that happen?

When do these things ever happen? While we are sleeping. Sleeping with our eyes wide open. Looking but not seeing. Hearing but not listening. Thinking but not comprehending. The fluidity of life and the impermanence of everything we experience is heartbreaking. And invigorating. Because it does mean that good things do not last forever; but it also means that bad things do not last forever.

How does that make me feel?

No comments: