Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Thursday, October 11

Belmont.

I forgot what my voice sounds like. My singing voice. I used to sing out loud all the time. In the hallways at school, in a friend's car, in my bedroom, but mostly in various places around my house where other people were trying to actually get things done. And dancing. In front of the TV screen during prime Indian soap opera time. That was the best.

I want to do that again. I want to dance across the living room very, very slowly, and then turn around and dance across again, taking my sweet, sweet time in front of the TV screen. I want to scream without abandon as Di chases me around the house for my dancing, and then hide behind my grandpa for safety. ("You wouldn't hit an old man, would you? Would you?!") (As it turns out, she pretty much would.)

I used to be fun. I promise.

No comments: