Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Friday, October 26

HotHallway.

I just came to the conclusion that I had the great honor of being friends with some of the most talented, smart motivated, kind-hearted people in high school. Of course I knew that then. But I got used to them. Got used to how special, intelligent, insightful, driven, passionate they all were. I thought, "Well, if I'm surrounded by them right now, there must be tons more of them out there."

No. Apparently not. Apparently, some sort of higher power, or lower power, or equal power, decided that my family should move from India to Chicago to Lansing to Muskegon just so that I would be destined to meet some of the most amazing people who are currently breathing.

Allye. I was just bragging about you to one of my friends, and I said "She's going to be famous." And I meant it. So this blog post is proof that I had faith in you. From the beginning. Before this. Before all of this. I had faith.

Okay?

I love you. I love each and every one of you. And I know most of you will go on to do great, splendid things in your lives. The ones who don't will get too sidetracked by money, power, expensive clothing, etc. But it's okay. It happens to the best of us. I'm not as amazing as any of you; and yet, it will probably happen to me.

So I forgive your future selves. But please, if I become that, don't forgive me. Slap me. And shake me. And tell me to remember.

No comments: