Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Thursday, October 13

Road trip updates aren't really my style, turns out.

I am exploring. I am climbing mountains and descending into canyons. Bundling up in layers, only to shed them as I ascend, one foot in front of the other, pack full of sustenance strapped to my back. I am sleeping under stars and in unknown parking lots. Meeting kind strangers and being reminded of distant friends. 

I am exploring. I have given up on my road trip updates, because I am bad at them. And they are nothing more than a summary of an itinerary that says nothing about how I feel. And also, this is the first time I have had internet in a week.

I am exploring. Driving and stopping and getting out of the car and gasping as I take a turn around the mountain and end up in a completely different place than where I started that morning. I am not writing enough or taking enough pictures. That would be impossible. But I am a sponge. A large and thirsty sponge, soaking in the cloudy Wyoming sky, the vast Arizona desert.

I am exploring, and I am brave. Proud and brave and happy. Because this world, this world, it is beautiful. And with every new horizon that I see, every new landscape that I explore, I learn and expand, the beauty residing in me like a flower and causing me to bloom.

But right now, this screen is swimming before my tired eyes, and I am, for once, warm and indoors. This is a rarity, and it is luxurious. So I will close my eyes and sleep. But come tomorrow, do you know what I will do? I will explore.

1 comment:

Kim Berens said...

Satpreet! I know you're having the time of your life, and I am so happy for you!