Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Saturday, January 7

"I'm sure you know that I'm leaving."

I was getting ready to mail something to Manifest. A little piece of writing for their annual drawing exhibit, and in doing so, I was looking through old emails. I came across a cluster of emails from you. To you. They were from a few years ago, and they were beautiful.

God, we were so young and beautiful. I loved you, bud. And you loved me. And no matter what has happened since, it happened. It happened, that glorious love. And I'm happy to have been a part of it. Because it was a pretty good time. I just wish I could let you know. That I'm glad. I'm glad we were such good friends, you and I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! You are so full of wisdom. Don't scoff Satty! You know it is the truth.

I love you. Sarah

Anonymous said...

^^^ I second what Sarah said! I know that when we talked on the phone today you were feeling kinda sad, but you really are so wise. I didn't have this kind of perspective until like two years after me and my ex broke up. By then I had mostly thrown away all of the good emails and letters.

Ahh youth and regret.

-Kate