Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Tuesday, May 15

Tough love, potentially even for my future self:

Alright. So lately (always), I've been hearing a lot about how "we all just want someone to love us and to sleep next to someone who cares about us blah, blah, blah" and, hey, I get it. A lot of people are lonely, looking for love, etc., etc. 

But am I the only person who likes to roll over to the empty and amazingly cold side of the bed at night without worrying about pushing someone off the edge? Am I the only person who likes planning impromptu trips across the country without having to "check in" with someone? Am I the only person who likes eating whatever the fuck I want to eat for dinner, even if that means a plate full of raw vegetables, even if that means a handful of chocolate and a protein bar?

Being single is the shit, folks. Learn to enjoy it. Learn to enjoy your own mind and your own company. Sit in silence and think about the world through your eyes. Just your eyes. Make your own decisions and take accountability for what you want out of your life.

And when you get lonely, find a cute boy and make him take you out to dinner. And split the bill, because you’re an independent woman who don’t need no man, for Pete’s sake

No comments: