Home About Me Contact Tumblr

Monday, November 26

Back.

Thinking about all the things I did (or namely didn't) do, it's a wonder I made it to college at all. Don't you think?

But with the snow outside my window and a curtain of lights above my head, I feel alright. I feel alright. Even if you don't make me feel alright, I will make me feel alright. And that's so much more important.

Because I've learned to live by this: "Don't look for love in faces, places; It's in you. That's where you'll find kindness."

If I am not kind to myself, no one will be kind to me. Because people are only kind to you for as long as they want to be. And then: boom. You're alone.

And maybe that's a slightly depressing outlook on life. But at the same time, it's me. And it's true. It teaches one to be self-reliant and self-loving. Because that is the foundation to living any kind of good and productive life. Without those basic principles, there is no reason to live. I am going to go back to who I was 5 months ago. 7 months ago. A year ago. I am going to stop looking to others for reassurance. I don't know when it even began; but it is stopping now.

I am my own person. I am my own person. And that will never change.

No comments: